Wednesday 24 August 2011

The Name – What is a Zorg Report?


No-one is wondering, so I’ll not tell you.  This name (Zorg Report) got chosen a hundred years ago in a dim galaxy far away.  It actually has nothing to do with sci-fi (sorry), and it isn’t even copied from such obvious names as “The Colbert Report” or “The Rick Mercer Report.”  Believe it or not, the name actually even predates those (hence perhaps the galaxy reference).  The name is just really a kind of buried joke that involves an old friend and a so-so west-coast quarterback and a New York jazz musician.  Cut out the friend and if you can (be the FIRST to) accurately name and accurately describe the last two people in that last sentence, then post as much and I’ll buy you a cd from Amazon.com or Amazon.ca or Amazon.uk or whatever.  I’ll pay up to 20 US or Cdn or pounds or even Euros, and yes, I’ll pay the postage, too.  You pick a cd you want from somewhere up to and under 20 US/Cdn/UK/Euro and that I can pay for, and I’ll order it and send it to you postage paid.

If you would like to suggest another name for this blog, then fire away on that.

And, as we know, so many blogs fall into a state of . . . .

Nevertheless, I will hold up my end of the bargain as long as I am around.
zr

No comments:

Post a Comment